Software QA Manager
Role: QA Manager
Reporting to: Chief Technical Officer
Futrli is business execution software, which builds confidence in the decisions that small businesses and their teams make. Futrli was created to help small businesses succeed, positively impacting families, communities and economies. We do this with a platform of products that solve small business pain; generating useful information that is interpreted into smart and beautiful workflows and recommended actions. We have a purpose, we have a vision and we have an amazing team of people helping us to achieve it.
About the role
As a Software Quality Assurance Manager at Futrli, you are responsible for managing a team of talented QA engineers and architects, working across a number of projects and involved in the full software development lifecycle. You understand the role that QA plays in a Continuous Delivery environment and you will provide leadership and direction as your team becomes ever more focussed on modern automated QA techniques, ensuring the platform continually evolves in a reliable manner to meet the needs of our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a team of QA engineers and architects to ensure the highest quality product delivery, defining measurable metrics to gauge progress.
- Ensuring your team are providing appropriate support to the Engineering and Product teams to facilitate the delivery of new features and the prioritisation of known issues.
- Overseeing your team’s continual maintenance of our fully automated regression test suite, monitoring and reporting on test execution and ensuring it remains as comprehensive as possible.
- Understanding DevOps processes and being able to develop strategies to continually improve and optimise our Continuous Deployment pipeline.
- Understanding how all elements of the software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
- Working with the Product and Engineering leadership teams to understand and help communicate the product and technology vision to your team.
- Being an experienced but hands-on manager who can build and inspire a team and ensure it performs.
- Recruiting, managing, mentoring and retaining a high performing QA team.
- Coaching team members and helping them improve technical, communication and leadership skills.
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience as a QA Manager in a software company with a focus on automation
- A highly motivated and organised individual, able to support multiple delivery teams with various needs
- An understanding of Cloud delivery in AWS and how QA should be performed against a microservice architecture
- Significant Test Automation skills using modern tooling
- Experience creating performance and scalability tests in a distributed / cloud environment
- Scripting skills with one or more scripting languages, such as: Python, Node, Bash etc
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams, and in a DevOps organisation, is very helpful
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education & experience
What we offer
- Flexible working culture
- A highly competitive salary
- A highly motivated team of dedicated co-workers obsessed with innovative products
- Being part of a company that is shifting the way an industry thinks about its practice
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- An exciting and dynamic work environment combined with the required budget and lean processes to realise ideas quickly
- Various opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally
- A shiny new machine of your choosing
- Futrli swag
- Encouragement and support to take part in our vibrant creative and digital communities
Work is where you spend the majority of your time, so we try really hard to make it a fun, fast paced, great place to work. In additional to all of our perks (flexi-time, friday drinks, casual dress code) Our newest perk… DOGS! Our Doggo calendar allows a pup at a time to bring some extra love into our days
What each and everyone of us breathe and live - these are embedded into our culture and we look for people who share our vision.
“Get on the rocket ship” - We are on a journey of innovation and exploration, expect to be pushed to new boundaries, alongside a brilliant crew with amazing minds.
“Be more human” Futrli is made by the people within it. We all look after our crewmates. Expect to listen and be listened to, to work collaboratively, and to leave any egos at the door.
“Bring the idea” When brains collide amazing things can happen. We’re bold, we bring solutions & we give every great idea a chance. Expect to have a voice and use it, have the freedom and chance to play and bring your ideas to life.
“Own it” This is our company. We all have our part to play. Expect to be accountable, to lead by example and to have your success recognised.
Futrli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Futrli does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Futrli employees. Futrli is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes