Software Engineer Team Lead (Belfast)
Role: Software Engineer Team Lead
Reporting into: Chief Technology Officer
Futrli is business execution software, which builds confidence in the decisions that small business’ and their teams make. Futrli was created to help small businesses succeed, positively impacting families, communities and economies. We do this with a platform of products that solve small business pain; generating useful information that is interpreted into smart and beautiful workflows and recommended actions. We have a purpose, we have a vision and we have an amazing team of people helping us to achieve it.
About the role
As a team lead at Futrli, you will be responsible for managing an agile team of highly skilled engineers. You will be a people manager as well as a technical leader. You will be the product team’s key contact and will utilize well-developed communication skills to lead and facilitate effective problem solving/discussions with key stakeholders within the company. You will be technically hands-on with estimating features, planning, coding, debugging, designing, managing performance and testing of team deliverables. We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the team to produce well engineered and tested software solutions and assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the team
- Facilitate the continuous improvement of the team, building and promoting a positive working environment for the team within your area as well as other business areas you will engage with
- Run regular 1:1s with all members of the team
- Capable of taking part in technical and business discussions both internally and externally.
- Understand the business drivers behind each feature
- Ensure your team is delivering high quality product and platform functionality, on time and on budget.
- Mentor and motivate developers within your team both local and remotely
- Mentor/coach team members and assist with recruiting the right people as we build the team
- Manage the translation of requirements into design and take ownership of documentation for your project deliveries.
- Challenge the status quo – Contribute and lead initiatives to improve the software development process. Think BIG!
- Help create an exceptional place to work through continuous improvement
What we're looking for
- Strong software industry experience.
- At least a few years managing a Software Engineering team, ideally within a fast-paced dynamic product based company.
- Solid experience in design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications
- Desirable Requirements
- Experience in AWS infrastructure
- Experience in python, go and react
What we offer
- Flexible working culture
- A highly competitive salary
- A highly motivated team of dedicated co-workers obsessed with innovative products
- Being part of a company that is shifting the way an industry thinks about its practice
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- An exciting and dynamic work environment combined with the required budget and lean processes to realise ideas quickly
- Various opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally
- A shiny new machine of your choosing
- Futrli swag
- Encouragement and support to take part in our vibrant creative and digital communities
What each and everyone of us breathe and live - these are embedded into our culture and we look for people who share our vision.
“Get on the rocket ship” - We are on a journey of innovation and exploration, expect to be pushed to new boundaries, alongside a brilliant crew with amazing minds.
“Be more human” Futrli is made by the people within it. We all look after our crew-mates. Expect to listen and be listened to, to work collaboratively, and to leave any egos at the door.
“Bring the idea” When brains collide amazing things can happen. We’re bold, we bring solutions & we give every great idea a chance. Expect to have a voice and use it, have the freedom and chance to play and bring your ideas to life.
“Own it” This is our company. We all have our part to play. Expect to be accountable, to lead by example and to have your success recognised.
Futrli is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
To all recruitment agencies: Futrli does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Futrli employees. Futrli is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes